La Bella Bridal Boutique - Wedding Dress
We arrived in the boutique shop (opposite Exeter Cathedral) and I can say my to be mother-in-law and myself felt very uncomfortable.Ian Dunn and his wife, Josie, weren't friendly nor were they helpful.
Luckily I saw a bridal gown in the window, tried it on and it fitted ok but it needed adjusting. Normally you put a deposit on dresses, but instead I bought it out right in good faith. I then had a call from my bank to tell me the credit card payment hadn't gone through (this was after I left the shop). I then sent an email to the shop as they weren't picking up the phone to explain the payment situation and that I'll be back to settle the payment (no acknowledgment of the email sent).
A few weeks later I discovered the payment had gone through and I was being charged interest on my credit card! I immediately called the shop and Josie Dunn answered. I explained to her that due to some tragic events, my fiancé and I had actually broken up and therefore I won't need the dress. She was very rude and not compassionate nor sympathetic to the situation I was in.
She said we don't do refunds. Now I don't know their shop policy and I don't have a receipt of when I purchased the dress to explain their policy. I would have accepted the dress if I ordered it in, made adjustments to fit my size or changed it in any other fashion. But I didn't, it was their stock purchase, so technically they didn't make any loss.
I made a loss. When I asked if their would be any compromise, she got very aggressive and didn't want to hear any of it. I was so upset that I lost my fiancé and money for a dress.
To this date the dress is still in their shop or probably sold to another unfortunate customer.I would advise anyone shopping for a wedding dress in Exeter to avoid this shop- they're not friendly, poor service and no compromise due to recent events in my life.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Wedding Dress Refund
- Review category
- Ceremonies and Events
You May Also Like
- "Helpful, called got my item before I even expected it and I had no idea how much I wanted it till I got it, very fashionable. Products has high quality..."
- "Don't buy at zarabridal.com because they are liars and the quality of the dresses are just awful! It all started when I ordered a wedding dress. When I asked about..."
- "DON'T SHOPE AT BRIDESIRE, QUALITY IS HORRIBLE AND THE DRESS RARELY LOOK LIKE THE PHOTO. ALSO NOTICE THEY DON'T HAVE DETAILED PHOTOS OF THE DRESS EVER. ONLY ONE ANGLE AND..."
- "I have been contacted day after day from this scam outfit, After researching into this company they have the same directors Jamie McDougall/Zac Leonard. Yes, the same Jamie Mcdougall that..."
- "I purchase this ring and within 3 months found it had chipped, I returned to Earnest Jones where I was told the ring would need to sent off to their..."
- " I purchased the above nail strengthener to help my finger nails as they were splitting and my other nails had long ridges in them. After using the above product on..."
- "I ordered a trailer hitch, ball and wiring system all in one combo on Monday the 17th from etrailer.com. My card was charged immediately. They sent me an email 3..."
- "We got the buy two Samsung phones, get a free 50" smart TV. We got the free TV within the 6-8 weeks, but when we got it, we pulled..."
- "After paying over $100 for a new pair of Nike Air Max, wearing them for less than 3 weeks, both left and right shoes delaminated at the rubber sole. What..."